Let’s face it—eLearning hasn’t really changed for 20 years.
Yes, there’s video, and gamification and micro-learning. But every learner still receives exactly the same content,
regardless of their current knowledge, experience, or needs—wasting time and causing frustration.
It really is “one size fits none.” Isn’t it time for something better?
Introducing Adaptive Learning from Area9
What is it?
Area9’s Adaptive Learning is an eLearning delivery system that adjusts to the needs of each learner.
Adaptive Learning recreates at scale the optimal teaching approach of a one-on-one personal tutor.
Many systems claim to do this but fail. Area9’s micro-adaptive learning approach uses proven
big data-driven algorithms to adjust in real-time to the unique needs of each learner.
Using a teaching-by-asking (formative assessment) approach, Area9 cuts training time in half,
improves proficiency and reduces workplace errors when compared to traditional eLearning.
The recharge algorithm optimizes knowledge and skill refresh, identifying
and targeting specific areas that each learner will likely need to stay current.
Adaptive Learning uses your existing training content, and is fully compatible
with Learning Management Systems, SCORM and xAPI.
Area9’s Adaptive Learning is cloud-based, with SAML2 compliant authentication
and rigorous adherence to the highest security and privacy standards.
Adaptive Learning is applicable for almost any training need, such as:
Industries like retail often have
over 100% turnover.
New employees need to get
up to speed quickly, learn
systems and process, and
adopt company culture.
Every new employee is different.
Typical eLearning ignores these differences and consequently
is more than twice as slow at Area9’s adaptive approach.
Whether it is the recertification
of doctors, or compliance
with safety regulations, Adaptive Learning not only
provides the fastest route to
proficiency, but the granular data collection provides
measures of competence.
In today’s fast-paced world,
product specs and value
Adaptive Learning automatically
teaching to ensure staff,
resellers and customers
are on top of the latest
information with the minimal
amount of effort.
The common thread?
Needing to bring the entire
workforce onboard with the
Typical approaches provide
no indication of whether
messages are being absorbed
or whether change is happening.
Adaptive Learning provides
real-time data on adoption.
For the Business
- Improved employee productivity
- Higher employee engagement
- Measurable capability and capacity
- Lower unconscious incompetence
For the Learner
- Faster time to proficiency
- Eliminate frustration
of unnecessary training
- Higher proficiency
- Higher self-awareness of strengths and development areas
- Enhanced, personalized learning experience
For the Training Function
- Measurable outcomes
- Real time quality feedback
- Real time content updates
- Improved teaching effectiveness
- Eliminate ‟one size fits none”
Are you still measuring training by the number
of courses completed or ‘smile sheets’?
Modern businesses require a modern approach
to measurement - Proficiency.
Are your staff competent and confident to
execute your strategy?
Measure what matters.
Area9 provides unparalleled granular metrics.
What happens when your employees think
they know something, but in reality they don’t?
Mistakes. Costly mistakes.
This is the hidden (and sometimes very visible)
cost of unconscious incompetence.
The Area9 adaptive approach uncovers
unconscious incompetence – which can be as
much as 40% or more for some roles
– and corrects it.
Real-time feedback and powerful reporting
capabilities raise self-awareness and provide
For the Training Function
Do you remember everything the first
time you see it? Or completely understand
every scenario you are presented with?
The human brain is designed to require
multiple exposures to stimuli to build
long term memories.
The Area9 adaptive algorithms use detailed
models of human cognition and memory, and
exploit targeted, repeated exposure to each
learner’s most difficult learning items to
‘recharge’ memories and drive understanding.
- Complete cloud-based e-learning authoring, delivery and reporting platform
- Fully compatible with existing authoring tools and LMS’
- 16 different question types
- Team-based authoring and review
- “Challenge button”–real-time feedback to content authors from users on question accuracy
- “Feedback button”–real-time feedback to content authors from users on content quality
- Real-time updates–changes can be pushed to existing and/or new users in real-time.
- Support for any teaching content including text, animation, PowerPoint, video, 3D models and simulations. Support for performance support tools such as checklists and quick reference guides.
- Individual, team and company-wide reporting
- Report types: Scores; Missed Questions; Most Challenging Learning Objectives; Unconscious incompetence; Tree of Knowledge (watch your tree grow as you learn)
- In-platform view, or export to spreadsheets, data warehouses
or analytics tools
- Formative Assessment-based approach to teaching
- Fully adaptive (personalized)
- Recharge-personalized refresher to ensure maintenance of proficiency
- Offline capability on iOS and Android
- Practice quizzes
- Library of all learning resources
- Web-based desktop and mobile (iOS, Android)
- Cloud-based authoring, delivery and reporting
- SCORM and xAPI compliant
- SAML2 compliant
- Flexible licensing: by user; by course; combination; enterprise-wide; revenue share.
Maintaining certification is crucial for doctors.
That’s why the New England Journal
of Medicine chose Area9 for the delivery
of their eLearning solution, Knowledge+.
The NEJM Knowledge+ board review adaptive
learning platform is the most effective, efficient
online board review program available today.
Based in Detroit and dedicated to producing
American built products, including watches,
bicycles, leather goods, and journals of the
highest possible quality. Shinola chose
Area9 to help its retail employees live
the Shinola brand.
On the leading edge of IT innovation,
Hitachi Data Systems chose Area9 for the
delivery of product and solution training to
its global workforce, and global network of
over 1000 reseller companies.
Keeping customer-facing staff constantly up
to date on new and changing products is vital
in this fast-paced industry.
…and many more. Contact us for more details.
Area9 Learning specializes in the following industries:
Hospitality, Transportation, Energy, Retail & Consumer Goods, Industry, Automotive